I remember being obsessed with these colourful cookies as a kid and on occasion as an adult, ha!
They're just too good, plus although the shop bought versions are pretty incredible you can't beat good old home baked cookies, plain and simple they're the best.
Serves 6-12 | To prepare 10 mins | To cook 18 mins
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 free-range egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt (optional)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup smarties candies
- Preheat oven to 162 C | 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine in a separate bowl: Flour, baking soda and salt
- In a mixer beat butter and sugar together.
- When well creamed (until you can see no yellow bits) mix in egg and vanilla.
- Beat wet together.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- When well combined mix in the chocolate chips or smarties
- Let chill in fridge 30 mins minimum
- Make balls of dough using your hands. Place on a cookie sheet
- Bake 162 C | 325 degrees Fahrenheit for about 18-24 minutes depending on size of cookies formed.
- When done take out of oven and let sit on cookie sheet 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire cooling rack.